Montgenèvre I The village resort
Montgenèvre… an authentic village resort on the Italian border
At the foot of the slopes between 1860 m and 2700 m altitude, Montgenèvre is a village resort where it felles good to live. The traditional mountain charm of the resort center associated with the surrounding wooded and hilly peaks, creates a balance that is both soothing and dynamic.
Montgenèvre is located on the Italian border and benefits from a connection with the fifth largest Franco-Italian international alpine ski area: La Voie Lactée or Via Lattea. This covers more than 400 km of slopes connecting Cesana, Sestriere, Pragelato, Sansicario, Sauze d´Oulx and Oulx. The 2 ski areas of Montgenèvre, Grand Montgenèvre and the Monts de la Lune, provide a ski-in / ski-out connection to the internationally renowned La Voie Lactée ski area.
Montgenèvre is the oldest French ski resort, created in 1907 to host the first international ski jumping competition. Since then, Montgenèvre has made a place for itself among the most user-friendly international resorts, with equipment maintained and renewed, notably in 2006 thanks to the Olympic Games in Turin.
The ski area enjoys a very favorable geographical location and orientation: it is recognized for the quality of its snow cover with 8 meters accumulated in 2009 and 5 months of skiing per year! Montgenèvre is the first resort to open its domain every winter!
We would like to find flaws, but Montgenèvre is also a resort with exceptional sunshine, typical of the Southern Alps, i.e. 300 days of sunshine per year!
Montgenèvre, in the summer:
The Hautes-Alpes village resort is located above Briançon, and offers a multitude of activities for the whole family:
- Different outdoor sports: golf, paragliding, trampoline, zip line, tree climbing, beach volleyball, beach soccer, body training, stretching, heliskiing, etc.
- Aquatic activities in the multi-leisure area of the lakes and in the river: pedal boat, paddle, rafting, canyoning, fishing, etc.
- The bike park including 300 km of hiking trails for mountain biking, trail and free ride; an initiation area, a Pump Track and a big air bag
- The Durancia balneotherapy center and spa, with hammam, sauna, treatments, massages, aqua yoga, etc.
- The Monty Express sled with a vertical drop of 300 meters
- Various cultural routes to discover heritage, including several fortifications on the Italian border
- The cinema, shops, restaurants and bars that animate the village
Montgenèvre, in the winter:
Montgenèvre offers a wide range of activities in the winter season: cross-country skiing, Nordic skiing, downhill skiing, off-piste skiing, snowboarding, skating rink, evening in a yurt, tepee or shelter, skating on natural ice, snowshoes, paragliding, mountain biking on snow, handicapped skiing, sledding, yoga, spa and relaxing massages, hiking, ...
The children's station with the “Family Plus” label
Many advantages and activities are offered to families and children:
- Skiing is free for children under 6 and Montgenèvre is the only resort to grant its child rate up to the age of 14!
- 4 hours of skiing are offered to children on Saturday or on the day of arrival "while the parents are settling in" - A ride on the largest sledge in France is offered to them.
- Day care center at the foot of the slopes for babies from 6 months old and children up to 6 years old
- Beginners ski area of 50,000 m2 on the snow front.
- Treasure hunt based on the theme of environmental awareness for young budding ecologists.
- 3 separate and free tobogganing areas for safe sliding games: a first area reserved for children from 2 to 6 years old, a second for older children and a third at Les Alberts a few kilometers away facing the lake. They are equipped with conveyor belts to go back up without getting tired.
- Children's play areas on the snow front and at the arrival point of the Chalvet gondola. Facing south, this reserved and free area 200 m from the lift has a merry-go-round, slide and swings.
- The French Ski School (ESF) Piou Piou Club takes care of children from 3 to 5 years old and teaches them to ski in a fun way in a secure area, equipped with two conveyor belts, a carousel and a nursery of 150 m2 for bad weather days.
The ski areas of Montgenèvre are:
- The Grand Montgenèvre estate
95 km runs with 78 trails including 9 green, 17 blue, 39 red and 13 black
24 ski lifts: 1 cable car, 2 telemix, 12 chair lifts, 8 ski lifts and 1 carpet
- Domaine Monts de la lune
110 km runs with 91 trails including 9 green, 22 blue, 44 red and 16 black
31 ski lifts: 1 cable car, 2 telemix, 18 chair lifts, 8 ski lifts and 2 carpets
Access Italy - Clavière and Cesana
- The international domain The Milky Way:
72 ski lifts from 1350 to 2700 m altitude
410 km of slopes
Access Italy - Cesana, Sestriere, Pragelato, Sansicario, Sauze d´Oulx and Oulx
- Fun areas
1 Snow Park, 1 Fun Zone, 1 Boarder Cross, 1 Multi-activity area
Download the Montgenèvre resort map
Download the map of the ski areas: